Dessert made on your smoker? You BET! The smoky sweetness of the peaches pairs so deliciously with the cool and slightly boozy whipped cream that you’ll be back for seconds! Smoked Peaches with Spiced Rum Whipped Cream are also an easy fix – so what are you waiting for? Read on and I’ll show you all my tips and tricks to make these perfectly every time!
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Succulent, juicy and sweet peaches pair so nicely with a kiss of smoke, and making these Traeger Smoked Peaches isn’t hard or time consuming. Plus, you only need a few ingredients to make this easy dessert recipe the hit of the meal!
What You Need To Make Smoked Peaches with Spiced Rum Whipped Cream
- Traeger pellet smoker or another kind of smoker
- Hardwood pellets or your favorite pellet flavor
- Fresh peaches – see my notes below
- Turbinado sugar or brown sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- White sugar
- Spiced rum
What Kind of Peaches Can You Smoke?
There are many, many different varieties of peaches, but all peaches can be broken down into a few categories in terms of the pits:
Freestone peaches – the stone releases easily from a cut peach
Semi-freestone – the stone has some cling to the peach
Clingstone peaches – the stone will not release easily from the peach
You can use whatever variety of peach for smoking, but look for freestone peaches. That way you won’t mangle the peach when you try to remove the stone. These will have the prettiest presentation, too, because there’s a nice divot where the stone was, perfect for holding a mountain of spiced rum whipped cream!
What Kind of Pellets Should I use to Make Smoked Peaches Traeger Style?
Whatever you’ve got in the hopper will work just fine! These peaches are on the smoker for such a short time that the flavor of smoke really won’t alter the flavor of the peaches much.
This full-color ebook cookbook features more than 50 of Chef Jenn’s tried, tested, and favorite smoker recipes! Enjoy:
- Smoked Beef Kabobs
- Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Pork Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Smoked Spaghetti Squash with Herbs
and so much more!
Use your favorite Traeger pellets or whatever you’ve already got in the hopper and get smokin’!
How To Make Smoked Peaches with Spiced Rum Whipped Cream
- Fire up your Traeger pellet smoker or other smoker, as per the manufacturer’s directions. Set the smoker to 225-F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone. Be gentle so you don’t mangle the peaches.
- Sprinkle the cut side of the peach with Turbinado sugar and smoke, cut side down, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream. Whip the heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Then add the sugar, vanilla, and spiced rum.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the peaches warm with a generous dollop of whipping cream.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Use good quality fresh, ripe peaches for this recipe
- Turbinado sugar has a lovely texture and flavor (and is my favorite) but brown sugar will work if that’s all you’ve got
- Start with a hot smoker so the peaches don’t stick to the grill
- Keep the whipping cream cold until you’re ready to whip it, and stop whipping when stiff peaks form or you could over-whip it into a curdled mess
- A touch of fresh mint goes lovely with this smoked dessert recipe
How To Serve Smoked Peaches with Spiced Rum Whipped Cream
I love these smoked peaches with spiced rum whipped cream, but ice cream or a drizzle of chocolate are also decadent additions. My daughter swears that caramel sauce makes them 10x better, but I’m a spiced rum whipped cream kind of gal!
Frequently Asked Questions
It takes about 10 minutes to prep this smoked peaches recipe, and 30 minutes on the smoker. So give yourself about 40 minutes total. You can make the spiced rum whipped cream while the peaches are smoking.
You sure can! This whole recipe – the peaches and the whipped cream – can be made ahead of time. The peaches, once smoked, can be kept lightly covered with plastic wrap in the fridge, and the same with the whipped cream. The whipped cream and smoked peaches will keep fine for a day or so, but the peaches will start to look sad after much more than a day.
Yes, I consider this a beginner-level smoker recipe. It is easy, takes just a few ingredients, and you can use whatever pellets you have on hand. Plus, it’s a quick smoke, so it won’t take all day.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Smoked Peaches with Spiced Rum Whipped Cream
- 4 peaches
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp spiced rum
- Preheat your Traeger smoker as per the manufacturer's directions. Set it to 225-F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the stone. Freestone peaches will work the best in this recipe.
- Sprinkle the turbinado sugar evenly over the cut side of the peaches.
- Smoke them, cut side down, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the whipping cream. Add the heavy cream to a medium size bowl and with a whisk or beaters, whip it until it starts to thicken.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and rum, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the warm peaches with a dollop of spiced rum whipped cream and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed.