Ever heard of Chuy’s Tex-Mex? It’s a chain in the South, and they’re cooking up some pretty darn tasty Tex-Mex. And, if you’re in-the-know, you can ask for their creamy jalapeno sauce for your chips. This dip is cool and creamy and packs a mighty punch of Texas-sized flavor. Hungry? Let’s get cooking!
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Well, this gal moved out of the South but was still carving her creamy Jalapeno Dip, so I’ve recreated it so that that I can dip and dunk whenever I’m craving flavor.
Not only is this dip amazingly simple to make, but it’s just got a few ingredients. And, it packs a HUGE punch of flavor!
It’s a dip, dressing, sauce, marinade and more!
Ingredients to Make Chuy’s Jalapeno Dip
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing powder
- Jalapeno – full of flavor and nutrition!
- Salt and pepper.
How to Make This Creamy Dip Recipe
- Got a blender or food processor? It all goes in! Just clean out the seeds and stem from the jalapeno first.
- Pulse the sour cream, ranch powder, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and grab those chips to start dipping!
How To Serve Creamy Jalapeno Dip
Dip – As a dip, of course! It’s fabulous with crisp tortilla chips, but it’s also great with your favorite veggies.
Sauce – I LOVE this as a sauce with grilled chicken, or try it with fish tacos or your favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
Dressing – If there’s ever any leftover, I use this dip as a dressing over my favorite salad greens. Boy, does it add some serious flavor!
Marinade – I’ve even used this as a marinade before grilling meats.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Jalapenos have varying levels of heat – if this dip isn’t spicy enough for you, add another jalapeno!
- Don’t add the seeds though – they add a grittiness to the dip which is unpleasant
- Don’t love cilantro? Use parsley instead!
- Salt is essential! Season it and make sure to mix the salt in well.
How to Store This Tex-Mex Dip Recipe
This dip will keep in the fridge for about three days. It will not freeze.
Store it in an air-tight container in the fridge.
If you use low-fat sour cream, then this flavorful dip won’t have much fat or calories. Of course what you dip into it is another story!
You could, but then it’d have a different flavor and consistency. I’d use sour cream if you can.
No, it is gluten-free, keto, low-carb, and nut-free, but not dairy-free.
Like This Jalapeno Dip? ALso Try:
Step By Step Process
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno seeds and stem removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro stems removed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stem and seeds from the jalapeno.
- Pop everything into a blender or food processor and pulse on and off for about two minutes or until the dip is creamy and smooth.
- Season with a pinch of salt and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed.