Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with beef jerky, this Beef Jerky Dip is a must-try for anyone who loves to dip and dunk and scoop up yumminess. Serve it hot, serve it cold, but serve it you must because boy-oh-boy is this chunky, flavorful, and easy dip recipe good!
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
If you’re a fan of beef jerky and hot, creamy dips, then this recipe is for you! Loaded with big flavors, it’s a quick and easy dip that anyone can make. Plus, it’s hugely versatile – see some of my variations below. Perfect for parties, tailgating, or for the Super Bowl or any game day, the next time you want to impress your friends and family, this is the dip to make!
What you’ll love about this recipe
- It’s crazy easy to make!
- With beef jerky and cheese, what’s not to love?
- It pairs perfectly with chips, crackers, veggie sticks, and more!
Tools You’ll Need to Make Easy Beef Jerky Dip
What You Need to Make This Beef Jerky Dip Recipe
It doesn’t take much to make this delicious dip recipe, but the beef jerky is the star of the show so make sure you use a good-quality jerky. There’s more on that below. Here’s a list of the rest of what you’ll need:
- Beef jerky – see my notes below
- Cream cheese – let it soften before you use it
- Sour cream – full fat sour cream works best
- Worcestershire sauce – you just need a wee bit!
- Cheddar cheese – I love sharp cheddar but use your favorite
- Green onions – the white and green parts
What Kind of Jerky Do you Need to Make Beef Jerky Dip
First, make sure your jerky is fresh. It will soften up when it bakes in the oven, but if you start with rock-hard 10 year old jerky, the final product won’t be pretty. Do yourself a favor and get a fresh bag for this dip.
I used plain beef jerky for this recipe. You could also use peppered beef jerky, but stay away from other flavors.
How To Make This Beef Jerky Dip Recipe
For a full list of ingredients and instructions, please scroll down to the recipe at the end of this page.
- Use a food processor to chop up the beef jerky. You want it fairly coarsely chopped so don’t pulverize it.
- Use a hand mixer to mix the softened cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and green onions.
- Fold in half the cheddar cheese and the beef jerky. Mix well.
- Put the dip into an oven-safe dish and top it with the remaining cheddar cheese. Pop it in a preheated 375-F oven, covered with aluminum foil, for about 5 minutes. Remove the cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly. Serve right away.
What To Serve With This Easy Beef Dip Recipe
You can serve it with a bunch of tasty dippers, but here’s a list of my favorite:
- Potato chips – use kettle cooked chips as they have a bit more structure and won’t break as easily when you dip them
- Tortilla chips – I like the round ones for perfect dipping!
- Pita chips – get the plain salt ones
- Crackers – any kind will do, and you can keep things low carb with these keto crackers
- Celery sticks – celery adds a terrific crunch!
This is the best beef jerky dip just the way it is, but if you want to play around with it, here are some of my suggestions:
- Switch up the cheese – you need cream cheese, but instead of cheddar try pepper jack, colby, gouda, or your favorite cheese
- Use peppered beef jerky instead of plain jerky.
- Try this easy jerky dip recipe with venison jerky if you can find it.
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- You can make this dip the day before and just pop it into the oven before serving.
- Don’t overcook it! The cream cheese will separate and get nasty if you overcook this dip. It just needs to be warmed through.
- Add a few splashes of hot sauce to add some kick to it!
- Save a bit of the sliced green onions to add a bit of color to the top of the dip when serving.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beef Jerky Dip
Yes! With only 6 ingredients and a bit of mixing, anyone can make this easy beef jerky dip recipe!
It’s creamy and savory and you can really taste the beef jerky in it. The jerky softens up nicely and really blends well. It’s a bit sweet, a bit salty, and totally addictive.
I’m not sure what their recipe is, but you can certainly use Jack Link’s jerky in this recipe if that’s the brand you like.
It’s totally keto! As long as there’s no sugar in your beef jerky, this dish is totally acceptable on a keto diet.
Step By Step Process
Beef Jerky Dip
- 2.5 ounces beef jerky
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 375-F.
- Using a food processor or large, sharp knife, chop the beef jerky into small bits. Don't pulverize it – you want small chunks, not crumbs.
- Blend the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl until smooth.
- Use a spatula to fold in the beef jerky chunks and half the cheddar cheese.
- Put the mixture into a 2-cup oven-safe baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover the dip and bake at 375-F for 5 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until it is heated through and bubbly around the sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed.