Food trends come and go but this TikTok food hack for Baked Feta Pasta is one that seems to stick around!
For good reason! It’s a pretty dish, fun to make, and easy! Plus, it’s loaded with big flavors so you can feast on something fabulous!
Hungry? Let’s get cooking!
This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
What You Need To Make Baked Feta Pasta
- 9 x 13-inch Pyrex casserole or similar shallow oven-safe dish
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese – whole block, not crumbled
- Italian seasoning
- Good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
How To Make Baked Feta with Tomatoes
This dish really couldn’t be much easier, and aside from cooking the pasta (if you decide to serve it with pasta) it only takes one dish!
- Rinse the tomatoes and shake them dry. Put them in a single layer in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch Pyrex baking dish. Add the olive oil, chopped garlic and shallots, salt and pepper and sprigs of thyme. Mix this around to evenly coat the tomatoes in oil.
- Make a space in the center of the tomatoes for the block of feta. Set it in and sprinkle it with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400-F for about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have popped and the feta is super soft.
- As SOON as you pull it out of the oven, mix the feta into the tomatoes and juice with a fork to make a creamy sauce.
- If your mixture is too dry, add a spoonful or two of water to loosen it up.
- Serve over hot pasta and enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips to Make this Baked Feta Pasta
- Use whole-milk feta. Now isn’t the time to worry about low fat feta, besides, the whole fat version gets much creamier and meltier than the low cal stuff.
- Don’t use big cut up tomatoes in this dish – they’ll give off too much liquid and your sauce will end up soup.
- Basil, oregano, and fresh parsley are all good alternatives to thyme.
- You can use dried thyme instead of fresh – 1/2 tsp dried thyme will be plenty.
- Olive oil is always my pick for it’s good fats and flavor but use what you have.
- Don’t forget the salt! Sure, the feta is salty but tomatoes need a HUGE amount of salt.
- Be gentle when you mix the feta into the tomatoes so that you don’t mash up the tomatoes.
What To Serve With This TikTok Food Hack
Pasta is my first choice, or you can opt for zucchini noodles.
I’ve served this with grilled chicken, to add some more protein, and I’ve also kept it lighter with roasted veggies on the side.
It’s a hugely versatile dish – mix and match with your favorite sides to come up with your favorite!
Is This Baked Feta Pasta TikTok Recipe Freezer Friendly
Technically you can freeze it, so yes. But… freezing this dish will end up with a soupy mess. The tomatoes will give off the last of their water and the feta will get grainy.
There won’t be anything wrong with it, but this is a dish I recommend eating fresh.
Yes! Feta is a rich source of protein and is high in calcium and vitamin B.
No, not particularly, but it has good fats from the olive oil and is lower in saturated fat than some other cheeses.
Shallots look like smaller yellow onions, but they have a much milder flavor. If you don’t have shallots, you can use a similar amount of chopped yellow onion.
Like This Baked Feta Tomato Pasta Recipe? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Baked Feta Pasta
- Toss the tomatoes, shallots, thyme sprigs and garlic in the olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread them in an even layer in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Making a spot in the center, add the feta. Top the feta with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 400-F for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst and the feta is super soft.
- As soon as you take it from the oven, mix the feta into the tomatoes and liquid and mix it gently around to make a sauce.
- Serve over hot pasta and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed.