Pull out all the stops this year and treat Mom to a stunning Mother’s Day Brunch Platter! Loaded with all sorts of goodies, these grazing boards are the perfect way to treat the family to a deliciously different meal.
As Mother’s Day approaches, we all seek unique and heartfelt ways to express our love and gratitude to our mothers in an effort to give back just a wee bit. This year, we’re embracing a culinary trend that’s as beautiful as it is delectable – the Mother’s Day Brunch Platter!
A brunch platter, or grazing board, is a carefully curated arrangement of mouthwatering bites and treats designed to be shared and enjoyed together. These boards are a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds, with colorful, artistically presented morsels that come together to create a stunning edible masterpiece. In this blog post, we’ll explore how to create the perfect Mother’s Day Brunch Platter, making it the centerpiece of your celebration and honoring the special women in your life with a truly memorable dining experience. So, get ready to be inspired and let’s dive into the delightful world of grazing boards crafted with love for the queens of our hearts!
How To Make a Brunch Platter
Creating a brunch board is not only a fun and delicious way to enjoy a meal with loved ones, but it also allows you to showcase your creativity and flair for presentation! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to build the perfect brunch board, ensuring a friendly and upbeat atmosphere for your gathering:
- Choose your board: Start by selecting a large, flat surface like a wooden cutting board, marble slab, or decorative tray. Make sure it’s big enough to hold all the goodies you want to include. I love these hand-crafted boards. They’re big, sturdy, food-safe, and have a lip on them to keep food from sliding off.
- Pick a theme: Having a color scheme or theme in mind can help guide your food choices and make your board visually appealing. For example, a springtime brunch board could feature pastel hues, while a tropical-themed board might focus on vibrant, fruity colors.
- Select your star items: Choose 3-4 main components that will be the stars of your brunch board. Some popular options include:
- Add some fruits and veggies: Brighten up your board with a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables. Some great options are:
- Fresh berries, like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Miniature bell peppers or cucumber slices
- Incorporate dairy and protein: Round out your board with some dairy and protein options to ensure a balanced and satisfying meal. Consider including:
- A variety of cheeses, such as brie, cheddar, or goat cheese
- Greek yogurt with honey or granola
- Yogurt parfaits with fresh berries
- Boiled or deviled eggs
- Smoked salmon or lox
- Don’t forget the carbs: A brunch board isn’t complete without some tasty carb options! Include:
- Assorted bread, such as sourdough, baguette, or multigrain
- Crackers or pita chips for dipping
- Miniature waffles or pancakes
- Garnish with flair: Finish off your board with some eye-catching garnishes that add visual interest and complement the flavors of your food. Some ideas are:
- Fresh herbs, like basil or rosemary
- Nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
- Edible flowers or fruit skewers for a pop of color
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Don’t overthink the board! Make it with love and load it with tasty eats, and Mom is sure to love it!
- Pick things that you can make ahead of time (like Lemon Loaf or Apple Cheddar Muffins) and freeze them to cut down on work.
- Add some store-bought goodies to fill in the spaces.
- Have a good mix of sweet and savory bites.
- Have fun building it! Get the kids involved, assign everyone to bring something, or do it all yourself and enjoy the feast!
Like charcuterie boards and grazing boards, brunch platters are large portable boards where you can load all sorts of brunch eats and treats. They’re usually finger-foods, or easy to eat foods, that don’t require a fork or knife.
Add all your favorite easy-to-eat brunch dishes. From mini muffins and scones to savory bites like deviled eggs and bacon roses, there’s so much you can do!
That depends on how many things you add to it. For a light meal, count on 8-10 bite-sized eats. For a heartier meal, count on 12-14 pieces per person.