Guinness Cheese Dip
This Guinness Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey good! It's super easy to make and is loaded with flavor. The unmistable flavor of the beer really comes through in this party-pleasing dip!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Cuisine: American, European
Keyword: beer cheese dip, cheese, dip, guinness, guinness cheese dip, irish
Servings: 8 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Guinness beer
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Irish cheddar cheese shredded
Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it is sizzling. Turn off the heat.
Whisk in the flour until combined, then turn the heat on low and cook the flour-butter mixture for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Whisk in the milk, beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powders, paprika, cayenne, and white pepper. Mix well.
Turn the heat to medium-low and whisk continuously until thick and bubbly. Turn the heat off.
Add the cheese and whisk until smooth and creamy.
Adjust the seasoning and serve warm with your favorite dippers.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- For the smoothest, creamiest dip, use cheese you shred yourself. Pre-shredded cheese is tossed with an anti-caking agent, which is grainy in dips and sauces.
- Yes, you'll have some beer leftover. Drink up!
- There's a tiny hint of spice in this cheese dip - feel free to add a bit more cayenne if you like a bit more spice.
- This dip doesn't reheat very well - it'll separate and get greasy. It is best eaten fresh.
Serving: 4tablespoons | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 282mg | Iron: 0.3mg