Blackstone Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Loaded with seasoned, tender chicken, oodles of veggies, and melty cheese, Blackstone Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks are easy, hearty, and delicious!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: blackstone chicken philly cheesesteak, blackstone philly cheesesteaks, chicken cheesesteak, chicken sandwich, philly, philly cheesesteak
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 onions sliced thinly
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 bell peppers sliced thinly
- 1 pound chicken breast sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese optional
- 4 rolls sliced
Preheat your Blackstone Griddle as per the manufacturer's instructions. You want it to be set to medium-high or about 500-F on the surface.
Thinly slice the chicken and toss it with the paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, half the salt, and pepper. Let the chicken hang out while you get the veggies started.
Heat some oil on an area of the griddle and add the sliced onions. Saute until softened.
Add some oil to another spot and saute the mushrooms until cooked.
Combine the onions and mushrooms when the onions are translucent, then add the bell peppers and cook until the peppers are softened but not mush. Season with the remaining salt.
Meanwhile, heat more oil on another spot on the griddle and cook the chicken, flipping it over every 2-3 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
Butter the buns (optional) and lay them cut side down on the griddle to toast.
Combine the chicken and veggies into 4 portions and top with a slice of Provolone cheese. Cover with a cooking dome to help the cheese melt (optional).
Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Save some cooking time by prepping the meat and veggies ahead of time. They'll keep tightly wrapped in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking (if your chicken is fresh).
- To get super thin slices of chicken, pop the chicken into the freezer for 20-30 minutes before slicing.
- Blackstone Philly cheesesteaks cook quickly, so make sure you have everything prepped and ready to go.
- Cheese is optional - I like provolone, but any easy-melting cheese will work.
- This recipe is super easy to scale up for a crowd. Just double or triple the ingredients!
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 548kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1152mg | Potassium: 850mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2105IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 12mg