Brussels Sprouts with Almonds & Brown Butter
Nutty and with plenty of crunch, these Brussels Sprouts with Almonds & Brown Butter are an easy and tasty side dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1.5 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup salted butter
1. Clean the Brussels sprouts and cut the larger ones in half so that they're all about the same size.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the Brussels sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until they're still tender crisp with some crunch. Drain and set aside.
3. In the same pan or a skillet, toast the almonds. Set aside.
4. Add the butter to the pan or pot and cook the butter on medium heat until the butter solids turn brown. Stir it continuously. This will take 3-4 minutes.
5. Toss the butter with the almonds and Brussels sprouts and serve!
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 791mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1637IU | Vitamin C: 145mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg