Tomatillo Pico de Gallo
Bright, tangy, spicy, and packed with big flavors, Tomatillo Pico de Gallo is a tasty twist on the classic. Serve it with tortilla chips, or add it to tacos, tostadas, burritos, and all your favorite Mexican dishes.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound tomatillos husks and stem ends removed, washed
- 1 cup diced sweet onion or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or to taste
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced, membrane removed if you don't like it too spicy
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Remove the husks from the tomatillos and give them a wash. Cut off the stem end and dice them into 1/4-inch dice or smaller.
Dice the onion and jalapeno, and chop the cilantro.
Mix the diced tomatillos, onions, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl.
Add the lime juice to taste and mix well.
Season with salt and pepper, and serve!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Control the heat of the jalapenos - like it spicy? Add more jalapeno or include the membrane and some seeds. Use less jalapeno if you don't like the heat.
- Add as much - or as little - cilantro as you like. You can swap parsley for the cilantro if you don't care for it.
- You can make this easy Tomatillo Pico de Gallo recipe up to a day ahead of time.
- This pico de gallo is totally customizable, add as much jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and lime juice as you like!
Serving: 0.25cups | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg