Chicken Tortilla Cups
Packed with flavor, these tasty bites are perfect at parties or just for snacking! Top them how you like them and dig in!
Servings: 6 servings
- 24 tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheese Tex-Mex blend or cheddar works well
Finely chop the chicken and mix it with the diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and shredded cheese.
Fill each tortilla chip scoop with a heaping tablespoon of filling. It will shrink so really mound it high.
Bake the tortilla chip cups in a preheated 350-F oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- You can make this tasty appetizer recipe ahead of time. Mix the filling and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to bake them.
- If you fill the cups ahead of time, you risk them getting soggy. I was able to re-crisp leftovers by toasting them in the air fryer for about 3 minutes on 400-F. But watch they don't burn!
- Don't like cilantro? Skip it!
- Want it spicier? Add a bit more chipotle powder or even some finely diced jalapenos to the mix.
- This recipe makes 24 scoops - but it's easy to double or triple it to make as many as you need!
Serving: 4cups | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 186mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg