Ham & Cheese Impossible Quiche
No pie crust needed for this amazing impossible quiche with ham and cheese! So easy, you just chop, mix, and bake! With a self-forming crust, this truly is a remarkable dish and it's so crazy good, too!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time50 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr
Keyword: cheese, ham, ham and cheese, ham and cheese quiche, impossible ham and cheese quiche, impossible quiche
Servings: 8 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces ham
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 1/2 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat your oven to 400-F and spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
Add the onion to a food processor and pulse it a few times to chop it up.
Cut the ham and cheese into smaller chunks and add them to the food processor, and pulse until it is coarsely chopped.
Transfer the ham, cheese, and onion mixture to the prepared pie dish and fill about 2/3 of the dish. Move the filled pie dish to a baking sheet for easy transportation to the oven.
Whip the eggs with a whisk in a large bowl. Add the milk and cream until well combined.
Add the Bisquick baking mix to the egg-milk custard and whisk it in until there are no lumps.
Add a pinch of salt and mix it in.
Slowly pour the custard and Bisquick mixture over the top of the ham and cheese. Fill the dish until it is almost full.
Bake the impossible quiche for 50-60 minutes or until the center has puffed up and is set in the middle.
Slice and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Bake the quiche on a baking sheet with rimmed sides to catch any spillover.
- Don't overfill your pie dish.
- How to tell when your quiche is cooked? Cooked quiche will be golden-brown on top, uniformly puffy, and will be set - not too jiggly - in the center. You can always poke it with a toothpick to see if the egg is set.
- Don't care for Swiss cheese? You can use Jarlsberg, gouda, cheddar...whatever you like!
Serving: 1wedge | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 235mg | Iron: 1mg