Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins
Ooey gooey cheese, crispy bacon, green onions, and fresh sour cream transform humble potato skins into a crave-worthy appetizer! Serve these Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins and watch how fast they get gobbled up!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 baked potatoes Cut in half, filling scooped out.
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups cheese sharp cheddar, Pepper Jack, etc.
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat your oven to 425-F. Scrub the potatoes clean and pop them into the oven right on the rack. Bake them for 40-60 minutes or until tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool until they're safe to handle.
Cut the potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out the flesh, leaving a layer of baked potato. Don't break through the skin. Reserve the removed potato for another use.
Brush the inside of the potatoes with butter and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Put them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes to crisp up a bit.
Fill the insides of the potato skins with cheese 2-3 tablespoons of cheese and a heaping tablespoon of bacon. Return them to the oven until the cheese is melted.
Garnish the fully loaded potato skins with green onion and sour cream and serve.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Prep these potato skins ahead of time by baking the potatoes and scooping out the filling. Keep the potato skins in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days in advance of serving. You can also cook and crumble the bacon, shred the cheese, and chop the green onions in advance.
- You can shave some time off cooking the potatoes if you start them in the microwave. Just be sure to pick them all over with a fork first.
- Switch up the cheese! You can add any kind of cheese, including Irish cheddar, if you want to make these Irish baked potato skins.
- Add some hot sauce to the sour cream to give these potato skins a bit of a kick!
Serving: 2skins | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 527mg | Potassium: 935mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 561IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 242mg | Iron: 2mg