Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
Creamy, crunchy, tangy, and sweet, this chicken salad has it all! Enjoy it on a sandwich, pair it with crackers, or just dig into a scoop of this as a tasty lunch, dinner or snack!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Keyword: chicken, chicken salad, chicken salad with cranberries and walnuts, cranberries, rotisserie chicken, salad, walnuts
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries like Craisins
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions sliced; white and green parts
- 1 stick celery diced
- 2 tablepsoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Chef Jenn's Tips
- I freeze leftover rotisserie chicken to make recipes like this Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad. Just thaw and use it in the recipe.
- Chop the walnuts AFTER you toast them, that way, all the tiny shards from chopping won't burn.
- Like your salad creamier? Add a bit more sour cream or mayo.
- This Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts is super easy to customize. Omit or double the celery, use red onion instead of green onion, or leave out the onion entirely.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg