Smoked Candied Bacon
Crispy, sweet, spicy, and smoky, Smoked Candied Bacon is the best kind of pork candy! So easy and so delicious, add this to the smoker every time you fire it up!
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time1 hour hr
Total Time1 hour hr 5 minutes mins
Course: Appetizers, Breakfast
Keyword: bacon, candied bacon, pellet smoker, smoked, smoker appetizers, traeger
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- 12 slices sliced bacon thick or regular sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
Lay the bacon slices on a rack over a baking sheet so that they're barely touching.
Mix the maple syrup, brown sugar, and chipotle powder in a small bowl.
Brush the bacon slices with the glaze.
Smoke at 225-F for one hour or until they are brown and firm to the touch.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Use good quality bacon. Now's not the time to go cheap. When bacon is the star of the dish, use the good stuff!
- Chipotle powder can be spicy. As written, this recipe is somewhere between mild and medium spice. The age of the chipotle powder can affect the spiciness - it gets less spicy over time.
- For extra sweet and extra spicy bacon, brush the other side, too, flipping the bacon halfway through the smoking time.
Serving: 3slices | Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 114IU | Vitamin C: 0.003mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg