Thick, rich, chunky, and delicious, this easy Lobster Chowder is better than what most restaurant's serve! So good and so easy, make a batch today!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time20 minutes mins
Course: Seafood, Soup
Keyword: chowder, creamy soup, lobster, lobster chowder, seafood soup, soup
Servings: 8 servings
Author: Chef Jenn
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 cups lobster stock
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 2 cups lobster meat diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Fry the bacon in a large soup pot over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes, then set the bacon aside for another use. You only need the bacon fat.
Add the butter to the bacon fat then saute the onions, carrots, and celery until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and Old Bay seasoning and cook an additional minute.
Deglaze the pan with white wine and let most of it evaporate.
Turn off the heat and whisk in the flour, then slowly add the lobster stock whisking until smooth.
Turn the heat back to low, cover the pot with a lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until just tender. Then, add the corn and lobster chunks.
Stir in the cream, season with salt and pepper, and heat through.
Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Save lobster shells in the freezer until you have enough to make stock, then make the stock and freeze it for easy soup making all year long.
- Don't boil the lobster meat or it'll get tough and chewy. Add it at the end of the cooking time and heat it through.
- Save a bit of claw meat for a pretty garnish.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to your chowder if you like it a bit spicy.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 889mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3329IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 1mg