Instant Pot Italian Chicken
Creamy and loaded with vegetables, the sauce is the boss in this easy Instant Pot dish. Ready in a jiffy, serve this dish with pasta to soak up all that lovely sauce.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Italian
Keyword: chicken breast, instant pot, instant pot italian chicken, Italian chicken, zucchini
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing mix
- 2 zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Season the chicken breasts with the Italian dressing mix.
Put 2 cups of ther chicken broth and the garlic into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Carefully lay the chicken in the bottom.
Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 9 minutes, 8 if the breasts are smaller.
Manual release then remove the chicken.
Set the Instant Pot to sautee and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the zucchini and bell pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
Meanwhile, make a slurry by combining the rest of the chicken broth with the all purpose flour. Whisk this into the sauce. Add the lemon juice.
Bring the pot to a simmer again, then add the cream, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- I use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this Instant Pot Italian Chicken recipe. You could use bone-in, but you'd need to add a minute or two to the cooking time.
- Heat the broth in the microwave or on the stovetop to reduce the time it takes to come to pressure.
- Switch up the veg! Add carrots, peas, summer squash, and all your favorites to this dish.
- Don't add flour directly to the sauce as it'll clump. If the sauce isn't thick enough, blend more flour and water to make a thick slurry then add that to the sauce and bring it to a simmer to thicken.
Serving: 1breast | Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 1304mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1633IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg