Grilled Feta with Herbs
Deliciously smoky and topped with fresh herbs, this Grilled Feta is a must-try anytime you're friing up the grill.
Prep Time5 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Keyword: appetizers, feta, feta recipes, grilled feta, keto snacks, party food
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 ounces feta in a block or round
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Heat your grill and when the grill is hot (about 400-F), pre-heat the cast-iron pan. This will help reduce the time the feta needs to stay on the grill.
Chop all your herbs and have them ready to go.
Place the feta into the center of the cast-iron pan and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Pop the pan onto the grill and leave it for about 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the grill and top it with the ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and fresh herbs.
Dig in while it is still warm and gooey!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Use a good quality full-fat feta. Low-fat feta just won't melt the same way.
- Fresh herbs are best, but you can use dried in a pinch. A good Italian seasoning blend would be my first pick.
- Don't move the feta right off the grill. Make sure you use a dish that can go from grill-to-table because the feta will fall apart if you try to transfer it to a new dish.
Serving: 1.5ounces | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 1mg