Vegan Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Packed with flavor, this easy side dish is going to be the hit of your meal!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Sautee the onion and garlic in the olive or avocado oil until it's softened and translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add the cauliflower rice, tomato paste, taco seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper, and vegetable broth. Mix well.
Simmer the Spanish cauliflower rice mixture over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
CHEF JENN'S TIPS
- Use fresh cauliflower and make your own cauliflower rice to make this easy dish more economical
- It's all about the taco seasoning! Make sure you use a good brand or make your own like this Fiesta Taco Seasoning
- Add some chopped cilantro or sliced green onions at the end just to add a pop of color and more flavor
- A squeeze of lime will also add to this dish, but it isn't necessary
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 546mg | Potassium: 586mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 218IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg